Aims: To provide funds to children and young adults from underprivileged backgrounds, in order to give them a ‘Sporting Chance’ in academics, sport and health.
TSCI was set up in 2012 and we achieved full registration in September 2013.
The reason why we set up the charity was because we as a group wanted to focus and direct our efforts to help people most in need and often those who were most neglected, children and young adults.
100% of the money we raise goes to those that we help in whatever form.
Funds raised are split between local and international causes.
As we are currently a small charity we are essentially a fund resource tool. We review applications and actively identify suitable schemes and initiatives. Our medium to longterm goal is to carry out the various work ourselves
Some of the Schemes we have already donated to/ funded or pledged money to are:
- Penny Appeal Thirst Relief – Funded 2 wells in Bangladesh and Pakistan, aiming to do more in 2014 and hoping to carry out the work ourselves
- The National Zakat Foundation – helping to alleviate poverty in the UK, funds we donated helped build a women’s refuge centre in the Uk
- Wild Hearts – Supported and donated funds to a recent charity football event
- East African Playgrounds – donated money for one of our TSCI voluntary workers to go and build playgrounds in Uganda with East African playgrounds
- Plan International – Because I’m a girl – supporting girls rights globally to education
- Local primary schools in Longsight donated sports kits/ equipment
Currently donations can be made by:
- Bank transfer to charity account
- Just Giving text service
- The Sporting Chance Initiative Charity Virgin Money page